Let’s do something real here. Let’s do a heart check. Where are you in your life right now? Are you working towards your dream? Where did you think you would be at this point in your life? Where do you want to be in the near future? What do you want to be doing?
Your answers will vary, some of you might get down on your self, emotional, depressed, angry. But try to be positive, there’s still time for you to turn this all around. You can still achieve your goals and I’m going to tell you how in a just 5 do-able steps.
But first, we need to talk. There’s a harsh reality that just set in, you might have just realized that you gave up on your dream, you gave up on yourself. This isn’t healthy and it’s absolutely not okay. According to a study in the academic journal Social Forces, only 6 percent of adults end up in the careers they dreamt about as kids.
To some of us this is a good thing, there are those of us who wanted to be a cartoon character, or Elvis. All jokes aside, though, there are the rest of you who held your dream dear to your hearts. The harsh reality is we’ve literally lost out on tens of thousands of passionate doctors, presidents, teachers, musicians, motivational speakers etc… All these dreams were thrown away and for a simple and avoidable reason.
The #1 reason why people give up on their dreams is sadly because they simply don’t believe in themselves. They honestly think they can not make a difference, and are not good enough to achieve their goals.
- Self-Motivation: Use the heart check from the beginning of this post as motivation. Answer all 4 questions truthfully and seriously, use your answers as a start to a turning point. Just because these answers are a place holder for the present doesn’t mean they can’t be a foundation for the future.
- Healthy-Confidence: There’s a fine line between confidence and cockiness. It’s hard to work with someone who is stuck-up can cocky. But it’s also hard to work with someone who is insecure, shy and unprofessional. It is very important to build your self esteem and self love and confidence. This is how you’ll grow your courage, and you’ll also start to notice some motivational forces growing inside you.
- Support System: Make sure to share your passions, talents and gifts with your loved ones and closest confidants. These are the ones who will support you, make sure you explain to them what it is you love and WHY! Why is very important in helping them understand your message and goal. Tip: Tell someone you really trust one of your short-term goals, ask them to simply keep you accountable.
- Encourage-Motivate-Inspire: These are the pillars that For The Honor exists on. We pride our selves in filling you up with encouragement in a way that leads to your motivation by inspiring you with your own love for your passion. Now that’s deep!
- Spiritual Guidance: Spiritual guidance is not last because it’s the least important,
but I saved the best for last. It’s very crucial to have a spiritual healthy heart. God created you with a purpose, provided you with a gift and filled you with passion.
head over to our instagram account and follow FTH for more tips and motivational quotes!